Our suite of patient management tools offers a broad spectrum of functionality to support the management of patients at risk of stroke.
Hosted on NHS Spine 2, via the Health & Social Care Network (HSCN) HeliconHeart is designed to be interoperable with a wide range of hospital and GP systems.
How do these tools help the management of patients at risk of stroke?
- Admin functions e.g. appointments, clinic management, patient letters and patient summaries
- Standardised electronic health records (EHR) give accredited clinicians access to real-time patient information
- Whole-person summary, shared across disease areas and showing disease progress/trends
- Secure, confidential communication between healthcare professionals in different settings
- Clinical guidance – to assist in managing heart rate and rhythm of patients with atrial fibrillation
- Clinical guidance and advisory system – to assist with selection of anticoagulant, dosing and management of patients on anticoagulant
How does HeliconHeart support self-monitoring?
- Reduced costs for NHS organisations using the service – with no up-front cost for the NICE-recommended CoaguChek patient self-monitoring device (supplied by Roche)
- For self-monitoring patients, the introduction of multi-channel flexibility to upload their results online or send them to their clinician